Looks like someone has put together a funding page (originally linked to on the CC Facebook page) for the long-time Columbia City neighbors who lost the majority of their home on Wednesday to a fire.
Komo news also has a story about the fire and the rescue of the two cats that made it out OK and needed a little medical help:
Seattle Fire officials say the fire started on the back porch of a home in the 3200 block of S. Hudson St. just after 7 p.m.
“I heard a big explosion and black and smoke and I came down to see what was going on and it was a house exploding and two cats inside,” said neighbor LaShaundra Burke.
Firefighters found the two cats unconscious inside but were able to bring them out and resuscitate them.
“Both cats were in really bad shape,” said Seattle Fire paramedic Norris Edwards. “Neither one was breathing very much at all and they looked like they weren’t going to make it. But (paramedic) Kelly (Bursa) and I got oxygen on them and stimulated them, did a little bit of chest compression and that with the oxygen, we were able to get them breathing a lot better and wake them up.”
“A wonderful thing that they are alive now,” said paramedic Kelly Bursa.
Investigators say improperly discarded smoking materials started the fire, which caused $150,000 in damage.